Thermal monitoring everywhere
TPHASE, a unique sensor based on optical fiber technology :
TPHASE achieves a double measurement of temperature :
- the averaged measurement of very small variations of temperature along an optical fiber (linear, over long distances)
- and the localized measurements of the absolute temperature in several points distributed on a bus.
It measures convection or radiation heat exchanges, prevents damage due to excessive temperature variations, increases the lifetime of equipments and infrastructures and improves the comfort of users.
TPHASE combines two approaches:
- The measurement of the rate of rise in temperature is achieved via an optical fiber, following a principle patented by Emphase and UMONS. While conventional sensors detect only the temperature variation in their immediate environment, TPHASE, will detect any temperature variation, wherever it occurs along the fiber over distances ranging from a few meters to several kilometers and this with a very short integration time (one second).
- Spot measurements of the absolute temperature are carried out via a network with a maximum of 10 digital sensors, integrated in a cable and interfaced via a data bus.
Thanks to optical fiber, this solution has the unique ability to monitor large or long objects : power cables, cable trays, tunnels, car parks, industrial halls, pipelines, tanks, air ducts, ...
TPHASE : connected and approved
Firstly, a laser module (SOURCE) sends the light power into the fiber. After passing through the sensitive areas, the light is analyzed by a processing module (SENSOR)
Alarms signals can be triggered according to pre-defined thresholds if the temperature increases or decreases excessively. TPHASE can be connected through Ethernet (Modbus TCP/IP or Webserver), pulse transmission, contacts or wireless communication via Sigfox network. Tphase connects to fire detection center of all brands, to all types of Building Management Systems.
Affordable, TPHASE is also very easy to install, with a simple click on din rail. Until now, TPHASE has already been successfully applied to the detection of overheating of underground cables (ORES / LABORELEC, Leuze and Linkebeek), to the detection of pipeline leaks (AIR LIQUIDE, Charleroi), to fire detection. (EMPHASE, Mons), monitoring fires in ventilation ducts (THE HOTEL, Brussels) and monitoring cable trays (THE HOTEL, Brussels).
- High sensitivity, non-conductive, electrically passive
- Insensitive to electromagnetic interference
- Low power, low consumption, low losses
- For temperature measurements from -40 ° C to +/- 1200 °C
- Ideal for locations at risk of explosion
- Position in hard to reach or visualize places
- Installed in existing cable trays, fixed to the infrastructures, as close as possible to the process to be monitored
- Already present in many installations